Los Angeles is a popular vacation destination year-round. But Christmas time offers a special variety of activities to take advantage of. The crisp weather and sentiments of the holidays bathe the city in a different kind of atmosphere in December. So if you are considering a holiday vacation, consider these top 10 things to do over Christmas in Los Angeles.
1. Prepare yourself for sightseeing and the city activities by starting with a self-indulging spa treatment. These are great to do alone or with friends. It will even be worth dragging your husband along with you. Try the Luxe Spa for an entirely rejuvenating and sensuous experience.
2. Jump-start your Christmas adventure in Los Angeles with a tour through the city. Acquaint yourself with the most popular attractions and Hollywood’s history all in one excursion. Tours range from those that cater to the foodie in you to those that incorporate the adventure of a scavenger hunt. So whether you prefer to sit back and watch the sights pass you by or prefer to make lots of stops for souvenirs, you are sure to find the right one for you.
3. Enjoy a little culture at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. You’ll hear world-class music played by some of the best in the world. You are sure to catch some well-known Christmas classics that will warm your heart.
4. If you’re looking for a little more adventure during your visit to Los Angeles, head to the powdery white slopes of Big Bear Mountain. Skiers and snowboarders alike will delight in the authentic snowmaking system of the resort.
5. If you’re traveling with kids, take the family to the L.A. Zoo and Botanical Gardens. The elephants are perhaps the most impressive – and the newest – feature there.
6. Sea World makes for another fun outing with the kids.
7. Also the Getty Museum is a fabulous option where you will take in some of the most impressive artwork of painters and sculptors like Picasso and Picabia. Best of all admission and all exhibitions are free!
8. The diverse cuisine is definitely something you’ll want to take advantage of. Los Angeles is home to a variety of ethnic restaurants that won’t disappoint.
9. Walk off some of that rich food by stopping in at one of the countless shops throughout Los Angeles. For some unique shopping experiences be sure to visit Rodeo Drive, Melrose Avenue, or Robertson Boulevard.
10. The beach is always a fantastic option, even if the weather is a bit chilly. So take a drive to Laguna and enjoy the beach community. Main Beach has a great coffee house with outdoor heaters so you can enjoy the view and your cup o’ joe at the same time.